Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Helloooooo Summer... Vacation?

Ahhhhhh!!

School is officially over for me for the summer, and possibly for a year. I have decided to wait on School A. I am on a waiting list for an Associate Degree Nursing program and it looks like I will be waiting until fall 2010. I am often amazed at the ease of the decision-making process when you stop worrying and just listen to what God tells you. Mine was a gentle reminder of my priorities.

I was lying in bed one morning, savoring the quiet before the daily storm, when I remembered why I do well in school. I do well because I keep my priorities in line with what God wants for me. Or I try to anyway. My family committments and my jobs from Him come first, and I do what I can with school (God blesses me with good recall for tests). I know many people who spend more time studying than I do, without the same grades to show. I know I do not do it by myself. Why would I want to mess up such a good system to be in a hurry?

So, I have the summer off. HA HA HA

Before the boys get out of school, I am cleaning my house thoroughly, moving kids bedroom arrangements around, making a wedding cake, starting VBS planning, and cleaning some more. After they get out, the boys have 6 weeks of M-F morning activities like tennis, T-ball, and swimming lessons. I'm hoping to get some painting done in my house (still). and Bigfoot is hoping to get a summer job now that he is 14.

The "camp" season starts in the midst of this with VBS at the end of June, then a youth retreat and kids camp in the middle of July, all of which I coordinate. Family Camp is in the beginning of August. I teach a kids class for the week, make desserts for dinner (for 50-60 people) every night, and am responsible for planning (aka delegating) some of the afternoon and evening activities.

Sometime in there I need to test for my CNA certification so I can get a job after Family Camp and work through the school year I am waiting through.

I am going to try to find some time to read a couple Jodi Picoult novels and sit by the pool a little, but I ask you, my fellow moms.... is summer really a vacation?

oh and

PS... I did graduate, but my final grades are not in yet. I'm really hoping my biochemistry teacher grades on a curve.

Now off to clean!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment