Friday, May 7, 2010

Holy Crap!

I was writing out bills Thursday night and decided to add up my total medical bills to this point.
Holy crap.
Now, I have quite good insurance, so we are not paying this total amount, but it is still staggering if you look at the totals.

Here's the breakdown:

My local clinic bill... $7766
Includes: Mammogram, surgeon (& surgery follow-up), IUD removal, & removal of some little cysts on my head (so I don't have such a lumpy bald head).

Hospital imaging... $1029.20
Includes: Breast MRI

Hospital... $26,963.65
Includes: Biopsy, Bloodwork, 1st surgery
Doesn't include: 2nd surgery... I couldn't find the bill with that on it, but I think it was about $12,000.

Oncology Clinic... $7224
Includes: Consultations, Bloodwork, Pre-Chemo tests, 1st Chemo ($2542)

Pharmacy... $463.77
Includes: anti nausea meds

That puts the grand total somewhere between $43,000 & $55,000... so far... with about 6 months of treatment to go... Holy Crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment