Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Congratulations!

I have gotten 2 "Congratulations!" in the last week or so and I thought it time to share a little good news for a change...

First...

"Congratulations! You are not a mutant."
My genetic testing came back with no known mutations of BRCA 1 or BRCA 2 genes. Good news for me and all my family as it means my cancer was probably just dumb luck... a fluke... and my chances of future breast or ovarian cancers is no more than the rest of the population... In fact it may be less than average because of the hormone therapy I will be on for 5 years after I finish radiation. And it won't be advised to have a second mastectomy and my ovaries removed (as it would have been with a mutation). So Yeah!!

Second...
"Congratulations! You have successfully petitioned to the
Associate Degree Nursing program and have been awarded a spot...for Fall 2010."
What this means is that I am heading back to school in August.
Life goes on, in spite of the big "C."
Doube Yeah!!
God is Good.

1 comment:

  1. Cassie: I just read (stalked) your sister's fb and saw that you had a blog. I don't know if you'll remember me or not, it doesn't really matter.

    I am so sorry to read of your cancer diagnosis. I hope that today is a good day for you, full of joy and memories. You and your boys and husband are in my prayers.

    good luck and good health!

    Kerry Boyce

    ReplyDelete