Thursday, October 21, 2010

Let the Fun Begin!

Next week I officially start radiation... which I have affectionately titled "Nukem U"...
The skin on my left chest wall
(from bra-line to collarbone, and sternum to past my armpit)
will most likely end up looking ... well... over baked.
They have assured me that I will not glow in the dark at any point. Darn!
The orginal timeframe my radiation oncologist gave me was 28 treatments...
M-F... starting on a Tuesday & skipping Thanksgiving....
If I figure it right...
and if I don't miss any treatments...
and if they don't change the number...
I'll be done December 3rd...
which is two days short of 10 months since I found the lump.
Yeah!!

1 comment:

  1. Cassie, you are incredible! As hard as this process has been, aren't you just crazy grateful for modern medicine?

    Good luck during radiation, we'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete