Friday, June 19, 2009

Gotta Love Google

Now and then I get nostalgic... I know, no one is shocked by that... but lately I have been thinking about my friend Kim from years back. We were really close and then life just got crazy for both of us. I was going through a divorce, working full time, and then I had baby #4. She also had a baby... I think #5... her husband got his Ph.D, and then they moved. That was about 7 years ago I think..... then *POOF* she was gone.

So anyway... I was thinking about her... tried to find her on Facebook without success... so I Googled her husband, Mr. Ph.D., because he wanted to teach college and usually college professors have to do research and publish stuff, so I thought I would be able to find him.

On about page 3 of the Google listings, I clicked on one that looked promising and there was his big toothy grin from the faculty page of a university in their home state where he has taught for 6 of the last 7 years. With am email address. So I sent him this "I'm an old friend of your wife's" type email .... and we'll see.... Sometimes I wonder why I am such a sap... but you gotta love Google!

No comments:

Post a Comment