Sunday, April 11, 2010

Chemo Day Is Here

It seems very surreal, but I start chemo tomorrow. Today, I went over and talked to my neighbor's daughter...she's 55.... She went through it just a few years ago. I needed a pep talk. Her advice... Get ice cream after every treatment.

My doc's office is just down the street from Cold Stone Creamery so I think I will have to do just that. My friend Terry is going with me... just cuz she's a sweetie!

I have decided to have genetic testing; the genetic counselor thought there was probably only a 10% chance or so that I have one of the known BRCA 1 or 2 mutations, but I want to rule it out. It will also help me decide what to do next.

And I get my hair cut tomorrow morning. I'll post before and after pics when I feel up to it.

Prayers Welcome.

1 comment:

  1. You most definitely have our prayers!!! Good Luck, you are an amazing woman!!

    ReplyDelete