Monday, March 9, 2009

ahhhh.... Don't you love exams....?

I love them.... especially when they are over. I am one exam closer to the end of my lovely A&P (that's anatomy and physiology for you non-science types) class. This particular evil was on the respiratory system. I have discovered a Hermoine-Granger-ish science geek streak since I have been back to school. I typically test really well so I don't stress too much before exams. It's still nice to be on the other side of one.

For some people, studying science encourages them to buy into the concept of evolution. Now I am no Biology PhD or anything. I have taken Microbiology, Chemistry, A&P 1, and (this semester) Biochemistry and A&P 2. And the more science I study, the more ABSOLUTE certainty I have in divine creation. No way did all of these intricacies in our bodies come about BY ACCIDENT.

Because that is what evolutionists claim. That we are all the products of millions of years of accidents and coincidences. What a load of crap. It takes at least 5 different enzymes working in perfect sequence to replicate ONE STRAND of DNA.

{Nucletides are molecules comprised of 3 main parts. Just 4 varieties of nucleotides make up all DNA, but they arrange themselves into millions of different sequences that spell out a kind of code. A,C,G, & T. Each 3-nucleotide sequence codes for one of the 20 amino acids. Amino acids line up in different, and very specific, ways to make up all proteins in your body. Enzymes are proteins, usually with hundreds or thousands of amino acids.}

So without enzymes, your DNA can't reproduce. But without DNA, you can't make enzyes. And supposedly this is all a series of Cosmic Whoopsies? I don't think so. Class dismissed. =P

5 comments:

  1. Oh, and I very much agree, and I am a little lost on the explanation of all those enzymes and neucleotides, amino acids, proteins????? Way to go....this is why I DON'T have a bachelor's degree. :)

    ReplyDelete