Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Inherited Children

I was one of these once. I had a freind in high school that was one of those friends where you adopted the family... well the parents at least. I would walk right in the house and say Hi Mom! Hi Dad! and head on upstairs to find my pal.

I'm so happy that my son has one of those and I seemed to have inherited another child from down the block. Mr. T is a little redneck, but I love him. And I love that he knows he can walk right in and say Hi Mom!

Because that's the kind of mom I wanted to be... I wanted our home to be where the kids wanted to hang out because there was just something warm and inviting about it.... it's not ritzy... it's rarely clean for more than 2 seconds at a time.... but there's always a smile and usually cookies... not a bad reputation to have. Welcome to the family Mr. T. I hope you are just the first of many inherited children.

1 comment: