Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Getting Old

I am officially 35 years old. For some reason, my 35th birthday was much more emotionally tramatic for me than any other. Maybe it is because my first "baby" is now over 6' tall, wears size 14 shoes, and has started to really look like a young man instead of a "kid." Maybe it is because he keeps rubbing it in my face that he will be driving in less than two years. Maybe it is because I have put on weight since I started school and it is not as easy to take off as it used to be. Maybe it is because the station that used to be "the moldy-oldies" my mom listened too is now "the greatest hits" that I catch myself putting on sometimes as I drive down the road. Whatever the reason, I feel like I'm getting "OLD."

But... I do see a silver lining.

I wouldn't want to be 21 again. Or even 25. I am in such an awesome place in my life right now, that I would not trade "right now" for the bliss of getting my butt back into my high school jeans. And I don't want to waste "right now" trying to recapture my youth.

Even with all the stresses of going to college full-time while raising 4 children, being involved in church work, loving and being a partner and helpmate to my amazing husband, trying to keep track of our collective craziness (I mean homelife) and maybe even trying to find time to blog.... I love "now."

So.... 35.... Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment