Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Randomness...

Since my brain is fairly scattered today, but I feel guilty about not posting in over a week, you get my scatterbrained-randomness.

I have a biochemistry midterm on Friday that I have absolutely no motivation to study for. Biochemistry is really quite fascinating and I wish that I put more time in and absorbed more of it rather than just getting through the tests. At this point, I am far enough behind in reading and junk that it feels overwhelming to even attempt it.

By the way, H, I lied. It is aspartame (NutraSweet) that may form formaldehyde in the brain, not sucralose (Splenda). Sucralose "may be partially metabolized into toxic substances," but they are not really sure. The good news is that only 11-27% of ingested sucralose is absorbed and the rest is "excreted unchanged." Woo.Hoo. The stevia was quite good in my yogurt; I added another packet.

Frozen fruit is one of my new kitchen staples. Especially sliced peaches, and strawberries from Cosco.

Although I have never practiced the whole "Lent" and "give something up for Lent" thing, I do agree with the concept of sacrificing something to focus more on God.

Vacation Bible School is fast approaching, and as the coordinator, I am starting to think, plan, and pray. This year is "God's Campground" and it is about the Isrealites in the wilderness and being good stewards of what God gives us. Should be fun.

Bubba is taking guitar lessons and really seems to have a gift for it, especially for his age. But we have hit a practicing desert and need to jump start it before My Love has a k'niption fit and cancels his lessons. Wish me luck.

This Friday, The Black Pearl is weighing anchor here in the Sea of Boys for Monkey Boy's birthday party... pardon me.... Pirate's Revelry. Pray for patience and long suffering for the chief galley slave and deck hand.

I love to tie-dye and have decided to make a tie-dye bedsprerad for Bubba's room and then paint the walls one of the colors from the blanket. I had high-hopes to get it done this week, but realistically, it will probably be May.

Monkey Boy's room will be next. Then the living room. Followed by the kitchen, Bigfoot and The Thinker's rooms, and maybe by the time I retire, my room. I have grand thoughts, but have a hard enough time just keeping up with the usual household stuff to get to the extras. I did get the bathroom done the first summer we were in the house; it was a not-nice yellow and HAD to go. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment